Friday 16 May 2014

Edward meets Omar - our dog!

To coin a phrase, yesterday was the best of days and the worst of days.

At 10.30, we all met Omar. Omar is a 2 year old golden lab and he is going to be our dog. My big boys were to cool for school about it and reacted in the normal 21st century way by posting it on snap-chat and face book, Edward clung to me like a bush baby and nearly broke my neck, and Richard, who had been against us getting a dog till we are rich enough to "live on a farm" (i.e. never!) just went all soppy over him. What a lovely dog, we all just fell in love with him. Ed eventually gathered enough courage for a stroke and with words of "Dog!Dog!Dog!' I think he was happy to see him.

So the day started out really well, after Omar left I took Ed up to school and all seemed well till he came home. I seem to remember describing him all hot and sweaty from all the screaming earlier in the history of this blog. Well, yesterday, you heard him before you saw him. He screamed and tantrumed till teatime, when he happily ate a chicken fajita. Was on again off again till we drove Richard over to Prestwood for a well deserved night out. I stopped in at my friend Bernie's for a quick cup of tea so Ed could see her chickens and maybe calm down a bit. That was great for me and him, but we got home all miserable again, and even hoovering up all the dog hairs only kept him happy for a limited time. He was happy on the drive to pick up Daddy, but back home again his screaming lasted till almost midnight. I can only think that he couldn't cope with the change to his normal day, getting to school at dinnertime, and then leaving after such a short day really upset his apple cart. I fell in bed at 1am thinking OMG!

This morning he was fine, tired but fine. And in the quite of the house going over the day in my head, I thought to myself, that's how he was almost everyday. Yesterday just reminded me of how bad it was. You know you do all these treatments and supplements, and you try this and that and because he isn't "normal" you can think that all you have done hasn't really made a difference. But yesterday really showed what a difference it has made for him and us. My family, bless them, are so supportive of my efforts, and recently the slow pace of progress has got me down. But yesterday in its awfulness showed how far we have come. I normally meet up with some friends on a Friday at Costa, but this Friday because of all the little ones they have, we meet at a coffee shop just opened in Kings church. One of the ladies hasn't come along for a while, she has celiac disease along with a few other allergies, her husband is allergic to dogs and they have passed these allergies along to their children. Her son has the same restricted sort of life that Ed has, along with being tired all the time, its difficult for him to go out because of all his allergies, her other children aren't so bad. Her story is a little like mine in as much as there is not really anything the medical profession can do or offer. But she managed to make this Friday, she came up to me and grabbed my arm and said, I've started to do NAET with him! She told me how his face had just lit up at the thought that someone could help him, and take away his pain without having to swallow lots of pills or stab him with needles. Her little girl was there with her arm full of pinpricks where they had tried and failed to take blood to test her for celiac. She kept coming up and saying "my arm hurts mummy." My brave friend has gone ahead with this whack-a-doodle sounding therapy out of desperation for something to help, my advice, and her watching hours on you tube of mothers saying how it has helped them. Her husband thinks she has lost it. Little does he know that when she has healed their children, herself and her mother (who has had an allergic reaction and rejected a hip replacement) he is next to be treated for dogs, so they to can finally have a dog in their family, like our Omar. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment